[chirp_users] Baofeng GT-3TP - Programing difficulty

Jim Unroe
Wed Jul 5 16:43:26 PDT 2017

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 5:25 PM, Danny Mason <TexasManDan47 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, last month ago I purchased two of these radios and after attempting to
> program them with the provided software to no avail,  I was introduced to
> CHIRP by a friend of a friend.  He had just completed successfully
> programming two separate brand name’s of radios.  However when we got to the
> Baofeng GT-3TP radios his luck to change.  We have tried everything we could
> find on the CHIRP WEB PAGE but have never gotten beyond cloning screen, it
> says: “AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED”.   We were using the BF-F8HP model selection
> and have followed every direction we could find, step by step and did so
> utilizing Windows XP, 7 and 10.  Nothing worked for us!  I am now on my own
> in trying to program these and am a beginner…  So, can anyone advise me what
> to do next please?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Danny

Danny,

One of the problems with the GT-3 series case style is that the ridge
around the 2-pin socket well can prevent the 2-pin plug from being
fully inserted into the socket. No programming software will work if
you don't have a complete and working connection between the radio and
computer. See this page for details of a possible fix.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ErrorMess.php#error1

I that isn't the problem, it would help if you would include the
debug.log file. This page show you how to locate the debug.log file.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_to_report_issues

Jim