[chirp_users] Any tricks to programming Kenwood TM-D700 with Chirp?

Rich Holtman
Sat Jan 28 18:43:56 PST 2017

Hi Everyone,

What does it take to get the DM-700 to cooperate?  I have a new USB-63
cable from RT Systems, downloaded the driver first and successfully, but I
cannot download any data from the DM-700.  Com port is 8.  When downloading
from radio, when I click 'OK', nothing happens at all.

I don't know if this is a clue, but the second time I try to download, I
get an error message "could not open port COM8: [Error 5] Access is denied."

I have previously used Chirp on a Kenwood TM-V71A, and for a couple of
Baofengs.

Thanks,

Rich Holtman