[chirp_users] Can't program BF-888s

Ed Danaher
Tue Jan 24 12:31:13 PST 2017

I gave up trying to program the Baofeng BF-888s and returned it.

I notice Amazon is selling a Baofeng BF-888S Plus which is claimed to be an
”upgrade version” but probably uses the same electronics. The first Amazon
review that came up on my browser dated December 28, 2016 stated “It was a
breeze to program using CHIRP.”

However a search of the chip issues page shows Bug #3651 stating “So
basically CHIRP does not support the BF-888s Plus.” It has not been updated
in 8 months so I assume that is still the case.

Does anyone know if the BF-888s Plus is supported by Chirp on a Mac?

Thank you for your responses to my earlier question.

Ed KV4MI