[chirp_users] Zastone MP-300

Jim Unroe
Mon Jan 16 15:39:05 PST 2017

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 5:44 PM, Eric Chopin <echopin27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings CHIRPers,
>
> I am having problem with a ZASTONE MP-300.
>
> I have tried all versions of CHIRP....old and latest version.
> I have the proper 'Prolific' cable and it works with all other Chinese
> radios..Baofeng, TYT, Wouxon, etc. but noe the MP-300

Unless you are using an all-in-one cable, you can't be using the same
cable. The MP-300 uses a single TRS plug for programming. The other
radios you mention use a Kenwood style 2-pin plug.

> When I try to program the MP-300 even when CHIRP suggests trying to use
> other makes as they are clones of the MP-300, it still cannot communicate
> with the radio. The message I get is 'Radio did not enter clone mode'

This error would indicate that CHIRP is not receiving any response
from the radio. It is most likely a cable/driver problem. Does this
programming cable/driver setup work with the factory software?

> I am using XP Pro
>
> Any suggestions please

Try the factory software. It it too doesn't work, that would pretty
much indicate an issue with the programming cable setup. If it does
work, then provide the MCU-Version at the bottom of the screen of the
factory software.

> 73's
> Eric

Jim KC9Hi