[chirp_users] Installing Chirp-daily on Ubuntu 16.04

r norris
Thu Jan 12 08:49:18 PST 2017

> On Jan 12, 2017, at 09:12, randy strobel <ranstrl at live.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all!
>
> Last night I installed chirp (yesterday's daily, 20170111) on Ubuntu 16.04.
> I tried by adding the respiratory and running sudo apt-get install... from the command line and also by downloading the tarbal.
>
> Both ways gave me a 'locale not supported by C library...' message when I opened it.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?
> Can anyone help me with with this?
>
> Thanks,

This worked fine on Mint  17.3 (Ubuntu).

In this order….
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dansmith/chirp-snapshots
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install chirp-daily

The (almost daily) updates, automatically show up in the main system, update window.