[chirp_users] Kenwood TK-280 development starting, want to help?

Pavel Milanes Costa
Wed Jan 11 12:59:17 PST 2017

Hi to all,

I'm working remotely with a willing user to get a serial log one of this
radio (TK-280) and start the development of a basic Chirp's driver.

My goal is to make at least a successful download/upload script and
parse the general channel data for this model (TK-280), my experience
points that making support for one member of the family will make
trivial to extend it to the rest of the family; by looking to the OEM
software the whole family could be:

TK-780/880/280/380/980/981/480/481

Further development (beyond upload/download and simple channel data)
will be very unlikely from my side as I don't have a radio at reach to
test and hack at this time.

*Side note:* I live in Cuba island, sending me a radio is not an option
(yet), I must work remotely and some users must cooperate with me in the
testing of this driver; I have done that before is hard work but works,
the BTECH and brothers radios support for chirp was made this way with
the great help of Jim Unroe.

Users of the Kenwood TK-280: if you like your radio supported please
upload some portmon logs to the below issue (link), instructions for
doing that here:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/attachments/2257/how%20to%20portmon.doc

The main thread/issue of the development will be this:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/4395

73 Pavel CO7WT