[chirp_users] Tone frequencies disappearing

Jim Unroe
Tue Jan 10 17:45:05 PST 2017

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 8:09 PM, chris p via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
>   Hello to the group,
>
> I searched the FAQ site but could not find this question..I am programming
> the uv-82hp. When I put in the receive freq, name, tone squelch, both tone
> frequencies, and so on
> they remain in their respective spots. But when I start to input the tones
> in the next line down, the tone or tones from the previous line disappear. I
> have to re put them in but the same thing happens with the current column.
> Thanks in advance for any help on this.
>

> 73's, de wa6cp-chris

Chris,

What do you have Tone Mode set to? It sounds to me like you are
putting "tones" into columns that are unused based on the Tone Mode
selection. For example, if "Hide Unused Fields" is enabled, "Smart
Tone Modes" is disabled and Tone Mode is "(none), then trying to put a
tone in either the Tone and ToneSql columns will be futile because
both columns are unused and will not hold any values.