[chirp_users] WLN radios

Jim Unroe
Mon Feb 27 16:29:32 PST 2017

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Patrick Brown <n7fhb at wickenburg.net> wrote:
> I have been trying to program 2 WLN radios supported by chirp and it
> don't seem to up load DCS tones and when saving the file it does not
> save the DCS tones ?

Patrick,

I downloaded from my radio. I then changed one of the channels to use
a DCS (aka DTCS) code. I uploaded to radio and then downloaded from
the radio to verify that the channel was updated with the code. It
was.

I then save the tab that was edited to have a DCS code and loaded it
back into CHIRP to verify that the channel was updated with the code.
It was.

Are you using Windows? If yes, after you choose a value from the drop
down list, you must either press the [Enter] key or click onto another
cell to actually make the choice permanent. If you don't do this extra
step, the selected value will not "stick". This is not needed for
CHIRP running under the Linux or Mac OS X operating systems.

To verify that you have correctly selected a value, you can click the
[Refresh] button at the top of the spreadsheet style memory editor. If
the chosen value remains, it was permanently selected.

Another way to do this would be to highlight the memory row and either
click the [Properties] button at the top of the spreadsheet style
memory editor or right-click the memory row and choose "Properties"
from the menu that appears. Make the changes in the Memory Properties
menu and then click the [OK] button to make the changes permanent.