[chirp_users] Linux User error message

Toby Nivens
Thu Feb 23 09:17:15 PST 2017

Most of the time it is a driver issue with  the programming cable. At least with the windows machine it can be an issue. I am sure someone will chime in with a "how to" remedy the situation for you.
Good luck

      From: Charly Aurelia <caurelius1 at gmail.com>
 To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
 Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:58 AM
 Subject: [chirp_users] Linux User error message

Hello,

First time using CHIRP with a brand new Pofung UV82.

Every time I try to Download From Radio regardless of which port from
drop down menu i choose), I get this type of message :

could not open port /dev/ttyUSB0: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/dev/ttyUSB0'

I am pretty certain I am plugged into the port labeled USB0.

I have no idea how to change permission access to the port.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Charly