[chirp_users] Dongles ?

Josef Zeevi
Tue Feb 7 06:31:33 PST 2017

Sounds like a Software Defined Radio (SDR). I’ve seen them in several places, but not for use in emergency comms. I’d be curious, too!

                josef

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Sarge ex 7thAF
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 8:24 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: [chirp_users] Dongles ?

 I hope this is an acceptable question for this list. I don't know any other place to ask for this help. A local county emergency manager has told me about an inexpensive magic ( to me ) dongle type rf reciever that plugs into a usb port. It has a jack for an external antenna. Supposedly this device can recieve a huge amount of frequency spectrum AND trunked systems that also uses p25 digital signals.

  If anyone has links to this device that would give me the complete info on this thing, I would greatly appreciate you.

Thanks In Advance.

--

Sarge KE5YPB, Lickskillet, Texas
  "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

" Lets Roll " ---- Todd Beemer--- 9/11/01 ---  American Hero

Are you going to take a stand to help America in 2016 ?