[chirp_users] Has anyone successfully programmed a Kenwood TM-D700 with Chirp?

Rich Holtman
Sun Feb 5 20:29:49 PST 2017

HI Everyone,

I believe you all are thinking in the right direction.  With the help and
guidance of Mike Rees, I changed the Com Port to COM1 and Chirp is now
working fine.  It is actually easy to change the COM port number in
Windows.  Plus I learned of Kenwood's software MCP700 (Memory Control
Program) which handles various settings that Chirp does not address in the
D700.

Thanks very much Mike for your time!

Best regards and 73,

Rich Holtman