[chirp_users] Has anyone successfully programmed a Kenwood TM-D700 with Chirp?

Rich Holtman
Sat Feb 4 07:54:32 PST 2017

Thank you for relying Mike!

What does it take to get the D-700 to cooperate?  I have a new USB-63
cable from RT Systems, downloaded the driver first (and successfully), but I
cannot download any data from the DM-700.  Com port is 8.  When downloading
from radio, when I click 'OK', nothing happens at all.

I don't know if this is a clue, but the second time I try to download, I
get an error message "could not open port COM8: [Error 5] Access is denied."

It's not like I am inexperienced, I have programmed 2 HT's my Kenwood TM
V71-A
dual band mobile successfully in the past on this computer.  Hoping to
transfer those
channels over through Chirp.

Any ideas of things to try?

Thanks again,

Rich Holtman
rich.holtman at gmail.com
cell 309-256-4272
Unlimited text on VerizonWireless - text me!
KD9ANU