[chirp_users] Need very basic help

Jim Unroe
Wed Feb 1 02:31:24 PST 2017

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 1:56 AM, D PF <douglaspfrank at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have Baofeng BF-888S plus just bought H.R.G. PC03 FTDI USB Programming
> Cable for Jingtong, BaoFeng. I downloaded the chirp software and wouldlike
> to know how to program the devices so I don't mess with emergency systems,
> etc. Sadly, I need extremely straightforward step by step instructions.
>

> Thank you,
>
> Striver

Be sure that in the View menu that  "Hide Unused Fields" is enabled

Setup channel/Loc 1 like this...

Frequency = {the frequency you want to listen to}
Tone Mode = "(None)"  # always works for receive only
Duplex = "off"  # disables transmit so you "don't mess with emergency systems"
Mode = {your choice}  # it shouldn't matter for RX only, but NFM would
be (more) correct for non-ham frequencies
Power = {your choice}  # TX is disabled so it doesn't matter
Skip = {your choice}  # when set to "S", the channel is skipped when
the radio is scanning

repeat for the other 15 channels.