[chirp_users] Yaesu VX-8DR Won't communicate

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF nigel at ngunn.net
Thu Dec 28 20:27:57 PST 2017

You need the custom Yaesu mic/headphone adaptor cable and connect your computer cable to the smaller jack.

> On 28 December 2017 at 22:40 Brian Toohey via chirp_users <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
>
>     Anyone have any advice on getting my new Yaesu VX-8DR to communicate?
>
>     Each time I try the radio will show "ERROR" after a few moments and a short time later CHIRP will show "An error has occurred Failed to communicate with the radio: No response from radio"
>

>     I've tried the following:
>     -2 different cables (one Prolific from GoodQBuy and one FTDI from Valley Enterprises) both produce same result.
>     -Setting radio into clone mode and starting to transmit only after starting receive in CHIRP.
>     -Downloaded newest version of CHIRP.
>     -Ran updates and rebooted PC.
>     -Switched USB ports (with cables).
>     -Updated drivers for both cables.
>     -Factory reset on radio.
>     -Selected other radio models when downloaded (VX-8, VX-8R and VX-8GE).
>     -Checked connection at the radio and it appears to be tight.
>
>     I've used CHIRP on Baofeng, BTECH and a few other brands/models and never encountered an issue that wasn't easily resolved.
>
>     Any help or advice is much appreciated!
>
>     -73
>     Brian WB2EE

Nigel A. Gunn, 1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA. tel +1 937 825 5032
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF (was KC8NHF 9H3GN), e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net
Member of ARRL, QRPARCI #11644, SOC #548, Flying Pigs QRP Club International #385,
Dayton ARA #2128, AMSAT-NA LM-1691, GCARES, EAA382.