[chirp_users] OS-X Version Pointer offset

Jerome Whelan
Wed Dec 6 14:36:42 PST 2017

Has anyone else experienced this and can let me know what is happening?

I am experiencing a Chirp human interface display peculiarity using the Mac OS-X version:

When the menu “/View/Hide_Tab_Bar” is selected the on-screen pointer behaves properly; that is the tip of the arrow cursor causes on-screen objects to highlight when hovering above the object, and objects activate when clicked; nothing abnormal.

When the menu “/View/Show_Tab_Bar” is selected, the on-screen pointer behaves abnormally; that is on-screen objects highlight and activate when the tip of the arrow cursor is higher on the screen than the object highlighting or being activated. The distance of this offset error appears to be about the height of the “Tab_Bar” that is being shown or hidden. The horizontal placement of cursor tip is correct.

Software versions I am using now are as follows:
CHIRP daily-20171204
GTK 2.24.10
PyGTK 2.22.0
Python 2.7.2
macOS High Sierra version 10.13.1 (17B1003)

I observed this on my Macintosh as far back as a version that identifies as “Chirp 0.3.1”

Thanks for the insights -

Jerry