[chirp_users] Chirp on Fedora 26 Error: No module named serial

Fred Erickson
Mon Aug 28 21:38:40 PDT 2017

On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 22:13:12 -0500
Mike Heitmann <mheitmann at n0so.net> wrote:

> > Just downloaded Chirp on Fedora 26 for the first time. Tried to run
> > it from the command line and received the message below:
> >
> > [fred at m5a97r2 chirp-daily-20170714]$ ./chirpw
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >  File "./chirpw", line 23, in <module>
> >    from chirp.drivers import *
> >  File
> > "/home/fred/Downloads/chirp-test/chirp-daily-20170714/chirp/drivers/idrp.py",
> > line 16, in <module> import serial ImportError: No module named
> > serial
>
> Is pyserial installed?
>
> rpm -qi pyserial
>
> Mike, N0SO

Hello Mike,

Pyserial was not installed and doing the install solved the problem.
Thank you very much.

I did a fresh install from a live spin, and I knew python was
installed. I didn't check all the parts, though I should have. Don't
ever remember having to install pyserial separately.

Hope this reply makes it to the list. My prior message apparently
didn't.

Fred KL7FE