[chirp_users] Transmit Problems

Mike McRoberts
Sun Apr 30 19:09:44 PDT 2017

It sounds like his radio may have a CTCSS, or P/L tone enabled on his
receive.

Secondly, unless you have a GMRS license, your UV-5RA violates 47 C.F.R,
Part 95 Subpart B by having a removeable antenna and being able to transmit
at more than 500 milliwatts (1/2 watt).

Check out the following URL for details directly from the FCC web page.
Click on the Operations tab for specific details.

https://www.fcc.gov/wireless/bureau-divisions/mobility-division/family-radio-service-frs

73 de Mike/KD6FTR
-
about.me/kd6ftr

On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 6:21 PM, Jake via chirp_users <
chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> In a few weeks some friends and I are going on a 10 day camping trip. We
will be several miles back into a wooded area. I would like to use my use
my Baofeng UV-5RA during this trip to communicate with my buddies radio he
picked up from a surplus store. I can receive his transmissions but he
cannot receive my transmissions. I am not sure what setting to adjust in
chirp.