[chirp_users] Kg uv8d plus

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Thu Apr 20 15:00:43 PDT 2017

Go to chirp.danplanet.com tell them it's a new radio that's unsupported and
offer to loan the CHIRP developer your radio and cable and software so the
radio can become supported.

No one has offered an equipment loan yet.

Few people want to buy a radio just to figure out how to program it,
actually I'd say no one wants to do that.

How can I get my radio supported by CHIRP?¶
<http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/FAQ#How-can-I-get-my-radio-supported-by-CHIRP>

In order to add support for a new radio model to CHIRP, a developer needs
to reverse engineer the clone protocol and memory format of the radio. This
can often be done in a relatively short period of time, but requires
physical access to the radio itself.

If you're interested in loaning your radio for this process, please follow
these steps:

   1. Look at the front page
   <http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Wiki> to make /sure/
   that it is not already supported
   2. Look at the current set of new model requests
   <http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/issues?query_id=15> to see if
   it has already been requested. If it has, do *not* open another issue,
   but feel free to post comments and pledges to help in that item
   3. If neither of the above applies, then open a new request
   <http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/issues/new>

*Please note* that there are many new models hitting the market each month.
The chinese radio manufacturers crank them out at unbelievable rates. Many
of these are copies of the same model, but often changed in very tiny but
incompatible ways. As a volunteer-fueled project, we can't possibly address
every model that shows up. Everyone wants their radio to be supported, but
we have to address the models that are the most popular and which have
developer support. If you are in the market for a radio, it is highly
recommended that you check the CHIRP model support list before making a
purchase. At the beginning of 2016, there were *over 300* requests to
support new models in CHIRP pending in the issue tracker.
So there's quite a backlog of requests!

73

David N1EA