[chirp_users] No support for UV-82c in most recent versions?

Jim Unroe
Thu Apr 20 02:23:22 PDT 2017

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 2:22 AM, Daniel Humphries
<kornphlake79 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I downloaded the daily build of CHIRP 20170414 and proceeded to connect my
> uv-82c, I didn't think much about the radio list only showing uv-82 and
> uv-82hp, but when I couldn't get my radio to connect I started to suspect I
> have a problem. I won't entirely discount the programming cable, but it's
> not a prolific chipset, it's a CP2102 and I've used it for programming other
> devices so I know it works, but I have not used this cable with CHIRP so I'm
> not sure if I have a communication issue, or a model support issue.  I
> looked at the model support page and I can't find the C version as a
> supported radio.  I looked through several of the old versions and couldn't
> find one that supports the UV-82C anywhere.
>
> What version do I need to install to program a UV-82C and where do I find
> it?
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

You have the correct version of CHIRP. To program a UV-82C you choose
the UV-82 model selection.

The most likely issue is that the 2-pin plug of the programming cable
is not fully inserted into the socket. This used to happen to me all
the time. What happens is that the pins stick in the metal rings of
the socket. It feels like the plug is solidly seated but after close
inspection I could see that it wasn't. It took a little wiggle and a
push to get the plug to go in the rest of the way and seat fully. It
is rare for this to happen to me now because I know to watch for it.