[chirp_users] No support for UV-82c in most recent versions?

Daniel Humphries
Wed Apr 19 23:22:31 PDT 2017

I downloaded the daily build of CHIRP 20170414 and proceeded to connect my
uv-82c, I didn't think much about the radio list only showing uv-82 and
uv-82hp, but when I couldn't get my radio to connect I started to suspect I
have a problem. I won't entirely discount the programming cable, but it's
not a prolific chipset, it's a CP2102 and I've used it for programming
other devices so I know it works, but I have not used this cable with CHIRP
so I'm not sure if I have a communication issue, or a model support issue.
I looked at the model support page and I can't find the C version as a
supported radio.  I looked through several of the old versions and couldn't
find one that supports the UV-82C anywhere.

What version do I need to install to program a UV-82C and where do I find
it?

Thanks,
Daniel