[chirp_users] chirp_users Digest Excessive Length

Rich Messeder
Mon Apr 17 05:31:02 PDT 2017

On 2017-04-17 06:35:-0500, Ken wrote:
>If its at the end, why not just quit reading after you have read the latest response?
>
>On 4/17/2017 1:55 AM, M Noivad wrote:

@Ken: I agree, up to a point.

- I don't know what the digest looks like, but I /imagine/ a long email containing a thread? In that case, a reader must wend his way down through all the fog, just to get the meat of the thread.

- I find myself thinking the same as the OP on this subject, because even though I get individual emails, many of then contain a long list of repeated sections, presumably because folks replying just hit reply to a reply to a reply, etc. Annoying.

- I have been in business for decades, and using email since the 1980s. Even then there were simple protocols discussed to make everyone's email life easier. It's so easy to select an appropriate segment of the email by highlighting it, and hitting reply. The result is much cleaner and easier to read.

- It's nice to have the bit at the end of each email notifying us of