[chirp_users] Missing port

Jardy Dawson
Sun Apr 16 08:10:10 PDT 2017

Does your Surface Pro have Windows in it or Windows RT?  RT won't work.

Jardy Dawson
WA7JRD Ham Radio

Message relayed from secret Hillary Clinton server, located in the basement of her house.  OOPS, you aren't supposed to know that!

On Apr 16, 2017, at 07:47, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 9:27 AM, Rob Girard <hdaviationltd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm just wondering if anyone had any issues with the com port opting being
> blank when trying to upload or download a radio. I'm using a surface pro
> with only one post and it's supposed to be com port 3. Any help would be
> appreciated!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rob | Pilot - Rotary Wing

I assume you are using a USB programming cable. I doesn't sound like
you have a device driver that is compatible with the USB-to-TTL chip
installed. Device Manager should show you exactly which port has been
assigned to the programming cable. You don't have to guess.

Jim