[chirp_users] Legal Frequencies?

Jardy jardy72 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 14:28:05 PDT 2016

Check with www.miklor.com for discussions of legal uses. 

Jardy Dawson WA7JRD
Sent from the Death Star for Darth Vader's eyes only. Any other reception will be severely punished. 💀

> On Sep 8, 2016, at 14:13, Drew from Zhrodague <drewzhrodague at zhrodague.net> wrote:
>> On 9/8/16 4:37 PM, Amnon Zohar wrote:
>> If you use the frs freq.  On low power nobody will notice unless someone
>> talks to someone who come to check.  To be on the safe side get a licence.
>> To prevent playing lock the kb.
>    One thing I will restate for just to be clear:
>    These Part-90 radios (Baofengs, etc) are not legal to be used for 
> transmitting without a license, either for the business-band, or amateur 
> radio.
>    I might suggest to get a set of GMRS radios (I like the Midland 
> GXP-series). These radios also require a license, but you can go to the 
> ULS system at http://fcc.gov and simply buy the license (<$80). GMRS 
> radios are allowed to be used for business, whereas the Amateur Radio 
> Service does not allow business use. I am not sure about FRS radios.
> _______________________________________________
> chirp_users mailing list
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> This message was sent to Jardy at jardy72 at yahoo.com
> To unsubscribe, send an email to chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com

More information about the chirp_users mailing list