[chirp_users] Legal Frequencies?

Drew from Zhrodague drewzhrodague at zhrodague.net
Thu Sep 8 14:13:54 PDT 2016

On 9/8/16 4:37 PM, Amnon Zohar wrote:
> If you use the frs freq.  On low power nobody will notice unless someone
> talks to someone who come to check.  To be on the safe side get a licence.
> To prevent playing lock the kb.

	One thing I will restate for just to be clear:

	These Part-90 radios (Baofengs, etc) are not legal to be used for 
transmitting without a license, either for the business-band, or amateur 

	I might suggest to get a set of GMRS radios (I like the Midland 
GXP-series). These radios also require a license, but you can go to the 
ULS system at http://fcc.gov and simply buy the license (<$80). GMRS 
radios are allowed to be used for business, whereas the Amateur Radio 
Service does not allow business use. I am not sure about FRS radios.

More information about the chirp_users mailing list