[chirp_users] Open stock config-Noaa Weather

W Paul Mills
Fri Sep 30 10:26:31 PDT 2016

Actually, there is a user stock_configs folder, and a system
stock_configs folder. I believe, that the first time chirp is run, the
system folder contents are copied to the user folder. The actual
locations for these vary depending on operating system, but are in very
predictable locations.

On 09/30/2016 06:09 AM, Jim Unroe wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 10:11 PM, Bill Gabbard
> <wcgabbard1 at windstream.net> wrote:
>> I just did the same, no problems, listed Alpha Tags of NOAA1-7 with right
>> freqs.
>>
>> I use Windows 10 Version 1607  Chirp Dailey 20160924.
>>
>> Bill
>>

> Exactly. I believe that once you install CHIRP the first time, the the
> stock_configs folder is created and populated with the current
> complement of stock config files. From that point on, I don't think
> this folder is ever updated in case you have made edits to these files
> or added your own. This is why Bill still has the older file with only
> 7 frequencies instead of the latest stock config with 10 frequencies.
>
> So if the stock config file ever got corrupted some how, it would
> never be automatically replaced. It does look like there was a change
> made about a month ago that was to "fix" an import error: Remove
> spurious newline causing stock config import error. Fixes #3743
>
> I uninstalled CHIRP. I then removed the CHIRP folder that contains the
> chirp.config, the debug.log and the stock_configs folder. Then I
> installed the CHIRP daily build that was created this morning so now I
> have brand new CHIRP installation as if it was never on my computer
> before. The NOAA Weather Alert stock config loads and imports just
> fine.
>
> You don't have to do anything so drastic. If you think you have a bad
> "NOAA Weather Alert.csv" (which it apparently was from February to
> September), just download the latest from the CHIRP repository to
> replace the one you have.
>
> http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/repository/show/stock_configs
>
> Jim

* Amateur Radio Station AC0HY                    *
* W. Paul Mills         SN807                    *
* Assistant EC Alpha-1 ARES Shawnee/Wabunsee, KS *
* President Kaw Valley Amateur Radio Club        *