[chirp_users] Open stock config-Noaa Weather

Jim Unroe
Fri Sep 30 04:09:28 PDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 10:11 PM, Bill Gabbard
<wcgabbard1 at windstream.net> wrote:
> I just did the same, no problems, listed Alpha Tags of NOAA1-7 with right
> freqs.
>
> I use Windows 10 Version 1607  Chirp Dailey 20160924.
>
> Bill

Exactly. I believe that once you install CHIRP the first time, the the
stock_configs folder is created and populated with the current
complement of stock config files. From that point on, I don't think
this folder is ever updated in case you have made edits to these files
or added your own. This is why Bill still has the older file with only
7 frequencies instead of the latest stock config with 10 frequencies.

So if the stock config file ever got corrupted some how, it would
never be automatically replaced. It does look like there was a change
made about a month ago that was to "fix" an import error: Remove
spurious newline causing stock config import error. Fixes #3743

I uninstalled CHIRP. I then removed the CHIRP folder that contains the
chirp.config, the debug.log and the stock_configs folder. Then I
installed the CHIRP daily build that was created this morning so now I
have brand new CHIRP installation as if it was never on my computer
before. The NOAA Weather Alert stock config loads and imports just
fine.

You don't have to do anything so drastic. If you think you have a bad
"NOAA Weather Alert.csv" (which it apparently was from February to
September), just download the latest from the CHIRP repository to
replace the one you have.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/repository/show/stock_configs

Jim