[chirp_users] UV5RA+ unusable or noisy frequencies

Tom Consodine
Sat Sep 24 08:19:17 PDT 2016

Baofeng radios have a 26 MHz reference oscillator.
The harmonics of 26 MHz in the receive range of most models would be:
104.0
130.0
156.0
416.0
442.0
468.0
494.0
520.0

There may be other "birdie" frequencies from other internal or external
sources mixing.

What you receive can depend on how good or poor the shielding is on a
model or particular radio and what type of antenna you use or if you
remove the antenna.

Tom ND5Y