[chirp_users] Possible Fix for the Btech/QYT/Waccom and variants over Linux OS, testers wanted.

Pavel Milanes Costa
Mon Sep 12 09:12:19 PDT 2016

Hi to all, main Btech Chirp's driver developer here,

Recently working with a Chirp's user about this problem, he spot the
possible cause of the driver not working on Linux OS as it should be:
Linux is to fast!

So, we have crafted a dev version with this patch and need some of the
users out there with a Linux Operating System that has problems in the
past with the BTECH/QYT/Waccom radios to test it.

See http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/3993#note-12 for instructions and
a link to download the dev version, models affected are mainly this:

* BTECH 2501
* BTECH 2501+220
* BTECH 5001
* QYT KT8900
* QYT KT8900R
* Waccom Mini 8900

Again: this patch will affect only Linux users.

We hope to see your comments about this working or not, to be included
in the next daily version.

Thanks to Michael Wagner for this fix.

73 Pavel CO7WT