[chirp_users] error msg (OS is Windows 10)

Tom Hayward
Fri Sep 9 13:24:13 PDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Ron Mauer <rmauersr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Any help how to fix this will be appreciated.
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "chirpw", line 20, in <module>
>>   File "chirp\logger.pyo", line 150, in <module>
>>   File "chirp\logger.pyo", line 92, in __init__
>> IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
>> 'C:\\Users\\rmauersr\\AppData\\Roaming\\CHIRP\\debug.log'
>
> You need to correct whatever is blocking CHIRP from being able to
> write to the "C:\\Users\\rmauersr\\AppData\\Roaming\\CHIRP" folder.
> You might try right-clicking the CHIRP icon and choose "Run as
> administrator".

I'm curious if this is what got him into the problem in the first
place. I don't know how to use Windows, but on Linux if you run
something as Administrator the first time, you won't be able to run it
in the future without getting permission errors because all the
associated files will belong to the admin account.

He might want to just delete
C:\\Users\\rmauersr\\AppData\\Roaming\\CHIRP and start over running
normally.

Tom KD7LXL