[chirp_users] Legal Frequencies?

Drew from Zhrodague
Thu Sep 8 14:13:54 PDT 2016

On 9/8/16 4:37 PM, Amnon Zohar wrote:
> If you use the frs freq.  On low power nobody will notice unless someone
> talks to someone who come to check.  To be on the safe side get a licence.
> To prevent playing lock the kb.

	One thing I will restate for just to be clear:

	These Part-90 radios (Baofengs, etc) are not legal to be used for
transmitting without a license, either for the business-band, or amateur
radio.

	I might suggest to get a set of GMRS radios (I like the Midland
GXP-series). These radios also require a license, but you can go to the
ULS system at http://fcc.gov and simply buy the license (<$80). GMRS
radios are allowed to be used for business, whereas the Amateur Radio
Service does not allow business use. I am not sure about FRS radios.