[chirp_users] Legal Frequencies?

Dave Zoller
Thu Sep 8 13:03:47 PDT 2016

I just got a set of Baofeng BF-888S radios from Amazon and Chirp works
like a dream for programming them. Unfortunately, I am a network
administrator and know very little about which frequencies are and are not
legal. We want the radios for short range comms in our manufacturing
facility, which is not that large. I've set channel 1 to use FRS-08,
467.5625 MHz, which I think is legal. I haven't heard anyone else using
it, but I'm in a fairly rural area so that doesn't surprise me. I also
have it set on the lowest transmit power, which adequately covers the area
I need covered.

I have some questions:
Is that a good/safe/legal frequency to use?
What would be some good alternative frequencies if I discover that another
group uses this one?
Will Chirp allow me to set all the channels to the same frequency so I can
prevent these guys from using an illegal frequency? Is it a good to do
that (or something like it)?
Any other advice?

Thanks in advance,
-Dave