[chirp_users] Radio ID tones

enrique at sanchezfranco.com
Wed Sep 7 23:23:04 PDT 2016

Hello everyone...I am new to programming radios via CHIRP; I have succesfully programmed frequecies, CTCSS and offset freqs and etc...and everything works fine. I have programmed freqs into memories and it all works great, yet, I'd like to ID radios with DTMF tone bursts at the beggining of the transmission, yet I can only "send" the tones while in Frequency mode and NOT in channel/memory mode..is there a way to do this via CHIRP...I cannot even manually 'force' the radio to do it...as soon as I exit the MENU mode, the radios reset the PTT-ID to 'OFF'...any ideas?

all the best and thank you for your kind advice.
enrique