[chirp_users] The VHF low band is still in use

Bill Gabbard
Mon Sep 5 12:26:19 PDT 2016

Excuse me gentlemen, but I see your discussions have nothing to do with using CHIRP.  Wrong venue for these type conversations.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Don McRoberts
  To: 'Discussion of CHIRP'
  Sent: Monday, September 05, 2016 3:18 PM
  Subject: Re: [chirp_users] The VHF low band is still in use

  Actually, one of the main reasons for California’s use of low-band VHF is because a large portion of California is mountainous and higher frequencies simply require a lot more infrastructure in the way of repeaters to be able to cover the same areas with hills and valleys. This would result in much higher costs for reliable coverage.

  73 de W3DRM - Don