[chirp_users] trying to put in local police frequencies

Glenn
Fri Sep 2 09:17:01 PDT 2016

Hi,
I searched on RadioReference.com for some local frequencies by zip code, and it gave me a list.
I am planning on trying to enter them into a CSV file that I had previously exported.
I am trying to test these frequencies on my Baofeng 5R and it does not allow me to enter the frequency, and based on the numbers, I'm thinking that that the 5R does not go to this frequency range.
example:
39.820000
I thought that there is a way to force this type of radio to scan in those areas.
Thanks for any help.
Glenn