[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R issue

Jim Unroe
Mon Oct 31 02:01:12 PDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 12:52 AM, Bill Archer
<bill.archer at hotmail.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have purchased a Baofeng UV-5R but when I try to upload a frequency list I
> get this error.
>
> The upload was stopped because the firmware version of the image (BFB307
> BFB297) does not match that of the radio (HN5RV011XXXXXX)
>
> Any ideas why this is occurring?
>
> I can download from the radio OK.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill Archer.

Bill,

You are trying to upload an image that was saved from a different
radio. This can only be done when the firmware versions of the source
radio and the destination radio exactly match. This is by design. As
Jock pointed out, you will have to import the channels from the
BFB307BFB297 image into a tab from the HN5RV011XXXXXX radio.