[chirp_users] Wouxun Tx Inhibit

Glenn
Sun Oct 30 11:32:56 PDT 2016

Can't you just put in a frequency that is not in use?
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil - w2lie" <w2lie at w2lie.net>
To: <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2016 1:24 PM
Subject: [chirp_users] Wouxun Tx Inhibit

I was wondering if anyone had a trick to keep the Wouxun KG-UV8D from
transmitting when it is setup to receive outside the Amateur Radio Band.

The Baofeng radios have the ability to set the duplex to "off", but that
does not seem to be supported on the Wouxun.

Chirp is smart enough to check the offset when I import the CSV file, so
I can't offset + 70.000 either.

Anyone have any tricks up their sleeves for this one, besides setting
the split to something low in the amateur band at low power?

Thanks