[chirp_users] Yaesu VX-170

Jim Unroe
Wed Oct 26 13:16:34 PDT 2016

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Richard Kopplin <rkopplin at snet.net> wrote:
> Have loaded CHIRP on a debian computer also trying to used the boot-able
> CD image their is no selection for the Yaesu VX-170. What do I choose?
>
> tks
> Dick KF6UX

It doesn't sound like you are be running a recent CHIRP daily build
(and by recent I mean within the last year). About a year ago is when
the VA-170 driver module last was edited and it has probably available
much longer than that.

Don't use the Software Manager to install CHIRP. You do not want to be
running a CHIRP v0.1.x, v0.2.x or v0.3.x build. You must manually
install a daily build using the instructions on the "Running CHIRP
Under Linux" page.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Running_Under_Linux

Although the packages required are a little different, I just did this
last week to install CHIRP on the Raspbian Jessie OS running on my
Raspberry Pi 2.