[chirp_users] "Error Reading Data from Radio..."

Glenn
Wed Oct 19 20:37:58 PDT 2016

Is it not also important to be sure that the channel the radio is on is not
receiving any traffic?
Some folks remove their antenna during this to ensure no reception comes in.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: "jml" <jml at jmlzone.com>
To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 10:29 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] "Error Reading Data from Radio..."

I just did an update of my chirp, (hg -v pull -u)
Downloaded my tech uv-5x3, no problem on download or re upload.  Using a
home made cable with an FTDI chip.

make sure the cable is well seated in the radio and the volume is all the
way up.  Not sure why the volume makes a difference but it does.  I suppose
we can add then into the instruction window pop-up.