[chirp_users] "Error Reading Data from Radio..."

Jeff Hughes
Tue Oct 18 13:35:43 PDT 2016

<<  I was able to read and write using Chirp with my UV-5X3 a few weeks ago
> without any issues.  Has something changed?  >>

Dunno if they’ve changed anything, Bob, but I’d hold onto whatever build you used a couple weeks ago, just in case.  The build that is failing for me is today’s… "chirp-daily-20161018.app”.  I’ve also got a copy of build “chirp-daily-20161005” and that fails in exactly the same manner.

<<  I had the same error message while trying to program the Btech UV-5001. Once I put the radio in VFO mode, I turned it off and back on again. I was able to read and program the radio. I have no idea why this worked, but it did. Good luck.  >>

Thanks for the tip, Toby.  Alas, toggling VFO mode didn’t work for me.  Glad yours cleared up ok.

Jeff