[chirp_users] Baofeng Model ID

Jim Unroe
Mon Oct 17 09:29:58 PDT 2016

It is a UV-5R variant because it has a single [PTT] button and the [0]
key to the right of the keypad. If it was a UV-82 variant, it would
have dual [PTT] buttons the [0] key would be at the bottom of the
keypad.

If when you power the radio on with the [3] key pressed, you see
BFB297, that would also indicate it is a UV-5R variant.

It may be that his radio uses a different "magic" string to initiate
cloning. That can by determined by using the factory software for this
radio. It is available at 409shop.com.

Jim KC9HI