[chirp_users] New Baofeng

Jim Unroe
Sat Oct 15 04:09:19 PDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 11:39 PM, Glenn <glennervin at cableone.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I just got a new Baofeng for my birthday.
> It is a BF-F9 V2.
> I use Chirp on Ubuntu.
> First off, is this radio in the list?
> And if so, will Ubuntu update to the latest Chirp?
> Thanks.
> Glenn

Hi Glenn,

The following was snipped from the "Supported Radio Models" list on
the CHIRP home/wiki page:

Baofeng/Pofung

BF-F8HP
Also includes the BF-A58
Also includes the BF-F9V2+  <-- this is your radio
Also includes the GT-3TP
Also includes the UV-5RHP
Also includes the UV-5RTP
Also includes the UV-5R7W

So to program your radio you would select..

Vendor: Baofeng
Model BF-F8HP

You need to add the chirp-snapshots repository and install the
chirp-daily build as shown in the "Ubuntu package via PPA" section of
the "Running CHIRP Under Linux" page.

When installed this way, you should get notifications of CHIRP updates
along with your other OS updates.

Also, don't forget to add your Ubuntu user's username to the "dialout"
group as shown in the "serial port permissions" section of the
"Running Under Linux" page.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Running_Under_Linux

Jim