[chirp_users] Can't download from Yaesu FT-817

Carla Ruigh
Wed Oct 12 18:24:59 PDT 2016

Hello, I am having a heck of a time trying to start the process of programming my ft817 by doing the initial download.  I bought one cable, and after multiple failures using both Mac and PC, I bought another cable, the more expensive one.  On the Mac side,  I’ve downloaded and installed the ftdi drivers from here:  http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm .  Still does not work.   The radio just goes into “error”.  I’m not getting an error message from Chirp.   The Radio screen just starts flashing “Error” a few seconds after I put it into transmit mode.    The Drivers appear to be working as the download dialog shows “dev/cu.usbserial-AI04KBP8” as an option.  I really don’t have any idea what else to try.  On the  PC side,  (under parallels), under “Devices”  I connect  the FT232R USB UART to the PC.   Same thing happens.  I go to download from radio, now “Com6” is what shows up, when I hit transmit it just errors out after a few seconds.  No error message from CHIRP.  The clone dialog just sits there open.  Would sure appreciate any suggestions.  Getting really frustrated.  –cj-