[chirp_users] HELLO -MAC USER FOLLOWED K2SON SUGGESTIONS FOR chirp to os 10.12

Neil Katin
Tue Nov 29 17:23:41 PST 2016

On 11/29/16 5:10 PM, Tom Hayward wrote:
> This seems overly complicated. I just right click and choose "Open".
> What additional value do you get from the spctl command?
>
> Tom KD7LXL
The short version is: Chirp is unsigned, so by default macos 10.9 and
beyond doesn't allow it to be run.  In 10.9 there were GUI options to
say "really, its ok: run it".  The gui options were removed in 10.12,
leaving only the command line spctl tool to mark an executable as ok to
run.

If you're just running open on a recent chirp daily build: you are
probably on an OS before 10.9 or turned off the security assessment
policy subsystem.