[chirp_users] Baofeng 888s cable issue

Jim Unroe
Fri Nov 18 14:14:10 PST 2016

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 4:15 PM, Garth Robinson <soundtek at vodafone.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi, s'cuse me butting in but.......
>
>         will these work under windoze 10 ?
>
> I noticed that the webpage only mentioned xp, vista, 2000, win7 etc.  in
> other words do you still have to use the backdated driver?
>

> Garth,  zl1 tue

When using a Prolific type chip based programming cable with Windows,
you might as well count on using the backdated driver because the
majority of these chips are counterfeit. The device driver auto
installed by Windows has been incompatible with counterfeit chips
since around 2008. The backdated driver will work no matter if the
chip is genuine or not.

V2.0.2.1: Windows XP
V3.2.0.0: Windows Vista, 2000, 7, 8.x and 10

Both drivers can be obtained from links on the miklor.com website.