[chirp_users] Baofeng 888s cable issue

John
Thu Nov 17 17:45:59 PST 2016

I just had that happen with a new USB cable. Was pushed in plenty far
but it put the UV5R into
transmit. As soon as I told chirp to read the radio, it came out of
transmit and read the radio just
fine. Then I made changes and wrote back to the radio with no problem.

I turned the radio off and back on and it went back into transmit.
Something strange with that cable..

On 11/17/2016 7:19 PM, Ronny Julian wrote:
> I have a couple of 888s UHF radios and the cable I have for them is
> coming up on COM 3  Problem is the radio goes into transmit when
> connected to the cable and turned on.  The cable has worked on my
> UV-5R radios before but now also puts them into transmit.  The only
> thing that has changed is i have gone to a laptop (Windows 10) to a
> desktop machine (Also Windows 10).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
> Ronny