[chirp_users] Hello all Chirpers :-)

neil - ee
Tue May 31 23:52:09 PDT 2016

Hi fellow Chirpers :)

I got myself a baofeng uv5r radi and a cable.

Was looking for a good program to edit its memorys.

Found this one first and tried it and loved it. I then found the oem
programmer for it, but chirp much better

I then discovered that chirp will also do the settings of the radio, and
also my other radio, yaesu 857d too.

So both radios got a full memory makeover with the help of excel too.

I have a few other radios, one to ask about is my icom e90 quadband handheld
(6m,4m,2m,70cm)

I have a icom cable and its own software. It works. But was wondering if
chirp is likely to come along to support as well.

My comments on the program itself that I love, are

1.       Keyboard shoutcuts, not standardised, ie, alt f a for save as ; alt
f o for open; silly little thing like that :)

2.       Unsure if bug, but regarding cts codes, and the 2 coloums Tone and
ToneSql - edit in chirp, ok. But if you export, edit both coloums in excel
and re-import, ToneSql gets ignored on all lines back to 88.5

3.       Anuther possible bug, when typing a frequency in, and you fluff it
on enter, it pops a error up, Error setting memory: Frequency 0.000000 is
out of supported range" as example. But then it dumps you back up to line 1,
so in a long list, you got to scroll back down to as line 200 to find and
fix it again.

4.       When using a mouse, the roller on the mouse does not seem to use
the same speed of page/line scroll as it does in other windows apps. Takes
longer in chirp.

5.       Maybe another silly comment..if I have a chrip img file open.when I
open another, I expect it to show the new opened file. But it don't, it
stays with the current opened one. Not the new one, I have to tab across.
Not hard to do of course. Its just tweaks :)

Hope all is ok with that above.

73's

Ne