[chirp_users] Accessing Repeaterbook from chirp

Jim Unroe
Tue May 31 14:24:44 PDT 2016

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 4:13 PM, Scott Brewster via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get a list of 2m and 70cm repeaters for my area with no luck.
>
> Steps taken:
>
> Start Chirp
> File: New
> Radio: Query Data Source: Repeaterbook
>
> Initial dialog box comes up; I select Arizona for state; Maricopa for County
> and 2 Meters for Band.
>
> Clicking ok results in the "standard" busy mouse icon (small greenish blue
> circle).  Data from Repeaterbook never shows up.
> Even though busy mouse icon is showing, I am able to click and use options
> within chirp.
>
> Attempts to use other sources appears to work (albeit I am not subscribed or
> premium with those other sources).
>
> Reading/writing from radio otherwise works, no other issues noticed.
>
> I have tried this with the last couple of windows daily builds - latest is
> today's - with no luck.  Am I missing something?
>
> From chirp about:
>
> Chirp daily - 20160531
>
> OS: Windows 7.

Scott,

I believe repeater book is having some issues. I used it prior to the
Dayton Hamvention to get the 2M and 70CM repeaters for Miami and
Montgomery counties without any issues. Someone last night on Facebook
said that when he did the query it returned all of the repeaters in
the state. I repeated the queries that I did and sure enough, too many
repeaters were returned.

I'm fairly certain that there has been no changes to the repeater book
support in CHIRP for a long time. Unless Repeater Book is changing
their access API, this is a problem on the Repeater Book end.
Hopefully it is only a short term issue.