[chirp_users] Accessing Repeaterbook from chirp

kc6iih at aol.com
Tue May 31 13:50:56 PDT 2016

I believe Repeater Book requires a subscription.
KC6IIH  Jock

Jock Soutar    KC6IIH
Sent via  Samsung Galaxy S7
on  AT&T  4G LTE Smartphone

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 Scott Brewster via chirp_users <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

I am trying to get a list of 2m and 70cm repeaters for my area with no luck.

Steps taken:

Start Chirp

File: New

Radio: Query Data Source: Repeaterbook

Initial dialog box comes up; I select Arizona for state; Maricopa for County and 2 Meters for Band.

Clicking ok results in the "standard" busy mouse icon (small greenish blue circle).  Data from Repeaterbook never shows up.

Even though busy mouse icon is showing, I am able to click and use options within chirp.

Attempts to use other sources appears to work (albeit I am not subscribed or premium with those other sources).

Reading/writing from radio otherwise works, no other issues noticed.

I have tried this with the last couple of windows daily builds - latest is today's - with no luck.  Am I missing something?

>From chirp about:

Chirp daily - 20160531

OS: Windows 7.