[chirp_users] New Daily Build

Rich Messeder
Tue May 31 05:10:12 PDT 2016

I linked to the messages (see bottom of email), and saw some comments about the background for this mod. Here are my comments, just FYI, no complaints.

Windows 10 Pro x64.

1. I am using the standalone version. Wish that there is an x64 version.

2. Copy | Paste of records and record blocks twixt 2 instances if CHIRP, using ctrl-c, -v, works for records now.

3. Twould be nice if the confirmation dialog showed up on the same display as the main program. I run CHIRP on a an extended display in Windows.

4. Ctrl-x does not work  in a field. Delete does not work in a field. Ctrl-v does not work in a field.

5. RMC: Copy //does// work in a field, but then RMC: Paste is disabled in the 2nd instance. I /can/ RMC: Paste into a different file in a different tab in the same instance.

6. I use  the standalone version because I find it more controllable than installing multiple versions of the same product, though I imagine that upgrading the installed version in place works fine. Not tested. I do this so that it is easy for me to roll back, if I wish.

7. I use multiple instances of the standalone version because I can alt-tab twixt them to copy | paste. Ctrl-tab does not work for me, though it does shift the focus from a memory to a tab. So I can't easily cut from one tab and paste to another.

8. I understand deprecating .chirp files, even if I don't know the history. If .csv files are the ne way of exporting, that works for me.

9. Still don't know why I can't save  Kenwood TH-F6A .img in CHIRP, but can in Kenwood's Memory Control Program (MCP). MCP is not "live". I just did this test. While CHIRP was open, I ran MCP. I downloaded from the F6A. I modified a memory. I saved the file as .fx. I ended MCP. The F6A remained unchanged. I interpret this to mean that I could save the F6A in CHIRP as a .img file (which I can't).

10. It's nice that both MCP and CHIRP do not take control of the COM port; that is, they open it, use it, and release it. This allows me to run both programs at the same time. Currently, there are advantages and disadvantages to using both MCP and CHIRP with the F6A, so I use both.

~R~ NE1EE
Short email? No html? Here's why: http://emailcharter.org/