[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-83 com port issue

John LaMartina
Tue May 24 10:02:52 PDT 2016

Larry,
It sounds like you have the same windows issue as Bill (in the last post)   :- )

As a courtesy to users, Windows 10 updates drivers to the latest version.

Unfortunately, this is not what you want with a Prolific cable.

The drivers you need (3.2.0.0) can be found at http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

Also, the driver does not follow the cable. If you change USB slots, you must also load 3.2.0.0 to the new COM port.

That along with the Latest Daily Build of CHIRP and you should be up and running.

http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/LATEST/

BTW: Here's an error message link that may assist. http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ErrorMess.php

John

http://www.miklor.com